Teichert Gallery is Atlantic Canada’s largest art sales and rental gallery
Our promise to you: quality artwork, affordable prices and flexible options to rent or buy.
With over 1,000 works by 200 artists and 40 years’ experience, we find the best Atlantic artists and artwork to share with you – from emerging talent to established artists.
Did you know? When you rent or buy from Teichert Gallery, you are also supporting us and the arts community in many ways.
- We've helped hundreds of artists enjoy successful careers in Atlantic Canada.
- Many pieces decorate homes and offices all over the world, building our cultural reputation internationally.
- We donate all profits to the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia to buy major artworks to be enjoyed by the public. Thank you!
Rentals & Purchases
Whether you want art for your home or office, we offer flexible rent and rent-to-buy options.
We make it easy to have affordable art in your home. With an Art Gallery of Nova Scotia membership, you can rent artwork for up to six months, with small monthly payments.
After six months, you can either swap it for a new piece, or buy it – it’s that simple. If you buy it, we’ll apply your rental fees to the sale price. Here's why our clients love to rent:
- Perfect for temporary living spaces – condos, rentals or homes
- Gives you time to decide if the art suits the space
- Great for serial home decorators who like to change it up often!
- Rental payments are modest, you don’t tie up your cash
- Perfect for art lovers on a budget, who dream of art on every wall
- Suits those who like short-term arrangements
Art in the office sets you apart from other organizations. In addition to inspiring employees and clients, it shows your support for local artists. With our flexible options, you can refresh often and impress everyone year-round! Here are some great reasons for bringing art to your workplace:
- Original art adds beauty, warmth and cachet to any workspace
- Works may be rotated annually, ensuring a fresh array of new work
- Provides professional art for home stagers, interior decorators, photographers and real estate agents
- All art offered through Teichert is selected by art experts – you’re assured a high-quality selection of works
- Suits businesses with a cultural focus; and showcases your commitment to artists in the community
- Great for both short-term rentals or long-term needs
- According to Forbes.com, it may even increase employee efficiency, productivity, and creativity. And the rental expense is a tax deduction - everybody wins!
Value Added Services for Corporate Members
- In-house consultations – our knowledgeable consultants will visit your workspace and help you select the perfect pieces for the size, shape and colour in your office.
- Our pro movers have many years’ experience in moving artwork, ensuring your work arrives in perfect condition.
- Don’t have the time or tools? Our experts will install your artwork quickly and efficiently, avoiding minor and major wall catastrophes!
Submissions for Artists
We welcome your work! Teichert Gallery invites artists, both emerging and established, to become part of a gallery collection and gain public exposure.
Through our gallery in downtown Halifax, and being part of events like Nocturne: Art at Night, your artwork will reach many visitors.
Works are added through a jury selection and new submissions are welcome throughout the year. To submit your work, please read the following:
Submitting your Work
- There is no fee to submit work.
- Submissions are juried every second Monday by a volunteer Accessions Committee. The artwork must arrive by 3 pm on the Sunday before the committee meets.
- Artists are responsible for delivering and picking up their work, to and from the gallery.
- Artists must include a one-page biography and artist statement to the gallery with their first submission.
- Please mark the artist name, title and date on the back of each work.
- Artists will be notified to pick up work that is not accepted.
- View our complete Accessions Policy.
Expectations of the Gallery
- Works must be ready to hang when submitted to the gallery. See our Framing Standards.
- Prints must be in editions of no more than 50
- Photographs must be signed and numbered by the artist
- Artists are expected to pick up their work promptly upon notification from the gallery.
For more information call 902-424-3087 or email us.
Volunteer with Us
Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do – we couldn’t do it without them. Maybe that’s why our volunteers work with us for many years. If you love art and meeting people, then we'd love to hear from you!
Our volunteers receive new art, assist gallery customers and liaise with artists whose work is on display.
In addition to meeting like-minded volunteers and visitors, you’ll learn about art and hone your skills in a retail setting. It’s a great way to build your resume, or enjoy a few hours weekly with other art enthusiasts.
How it Works:
- An Executive Director and part-time staff provide day-to-day gallery operations.
- Volunteers generally work weekdays, and one 3.5 hour shift: either 10:00 am until 1:30 pm, or from 1:30 pm until 5:00 pm, from mid September until mid June.
- Duties include assisting clients in making their selection of art for their home or office, accepting work from artists, assisting with transactions, maintaining the collection among others.
- Our files and transactions are computerized. Knowledge of computers is desirable, and training will be provided.